[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Xarteras xarteras at nostalgicnetworxx.org
Thu Oct 16 23:29:31 CEST 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> I've got the X-Fi Elite Pro.
>>> That's The one with the external In/Out box.
>>>
>>> Speaking of which, the headphone jack on it does not output a signal
>>> yet, the signal only goes to line out.
>>>
>>> There's some relais on the card that seem to switch these, they click
>>> multiple times with the windows driver and not all all with yours, I
>>> think that's the reason :)
>>>
>> Original OSS driver doesn't output to external block also, so it
>> wouldn't be easy to make this support I think.
>
> The values for port->conv[0] and [1] values in sbxfi_playback_open()
> might play some role.  It's I2SA_L and I2SA_R, alias DAI_CH_I2SAL
> and DAI_CH_I2SAR, as default.  You can try other values, such as,
> DAI_CH_I2SBL, DAI_CH_I2SA1L, and so on.

I opened the external box for checking what's in there and noticed the
headphone jack seems to have it's own dedicated second DAC (CS4392KZ),
and audio interface receiver (CS8415A), so it could get a bit more
complicated.
I'll see if I can find out more about that.

Also I found the GPIO flags that switch the relais, but that's probably
useless as long as their function is not known. (It's 0x04, 0x40, 0x200
and 0x1000).

Jan Wolf