[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)
tiwai at suse.de
Wed Oct 15 08:38:49 CEST 2008
At Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:24:22 +0400,
The Source wrote:
> By the way, note, that not rate may cause oops but number of channles
> for example (wav that causes oops has mono mode and the one that just
> plays silently - stereo. Also the oops sample is 16bit, silent one is
This is an important information. The driver basically supports only
16bit stereo samples natively. The others are covered by alsa-lib,
and this involves with the mmap mode.
But I still wonder why 16bit mode.
OK, the below is *THE* test I'd like ask you guys to try first.
- Build the driver with --with-debug=detect option
- Load the driver with debug=2 module option
- Prepare a WAV file with 96kHz 16bit stereo, e.g. converted via sox
- Raise the Master volume to the max
- Run "aplay this.wav"
At *each* run, check your kernel message. If you get Oops, copy the
whole log immediately.
- If you get a DMA error or so in the kernel message, try to define
XXX_SYSTEM_TIMER in sbxfi.c, rebuild and reinstall the driver.
Run the same test.
- If still any serious problem, load the module with debug=3 option,
and get the whole kernel message with full register accesses.
More information about the Alsa-devel