[alsa-devel] ASoC: Merging at91 and avr32 dirs - test report

Sedji Gaouaou sedji.gaouaou at atmel.com
Mon Oct 13 16:22:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

ext-jukka.hynninen at vaisala.com a écrit :
> I tested the patches and got everything working with minor changes.
>
> However, there seems to be some problem with PM, occasionally ASoC is
> stuck with Standby mode (looking at dapm_widgets) when I start the
> playback. Restarting the player brings the sound back. I'll carry out
> some further investigation and get back to this.
Thank you for your help!

I've done more tests using the oss emulation in ALSA, and I have
encountered a problem.
In a previous mail Mark you mentioned this:
> +/*
> > + * Record SSC clock dividers for use in hw_params().
> > + */
> > +static int atmel_ssc_set_dai_clkdiv(struct snd_soc_dai *cpu_dai,
> > +	int div_id, int div)
> > +{
> > +	struct atmel_ssc_info *ssc_p = &ssc_info[cpu_dai->id];
> > +
> > +	switch (div_id) {
> > +	case AT91SSC_CMR_DIV:
> > +		/*
> > +		 * The same master clock divider is used for both
> > +		 * transmit and receive, so if a value has already
> > +		 * been set, it must match this value.
> > +		 */
> > +		if (ssc_p->cmr_div == 0)
> > +			ssc_p->cmr_div = div;
> > +		else
> > +			if (div != ssc_p->cmr_div)
> > +				return -EBUSY;
> > +		break;

What happens if the user wants to change the master clock divider at
runtime - for example, when changing sample rates?

I had actually a crash because of this, so I will send a patch to
correct it(I simply removed it since I don't thonk it is needed).

Regards,
Sedji