[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

The Source thesourcehim at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 11:43:12 CEST 2008

James Courtier-Dutton пишет:
> Vedran Miletić wrote:
>
>> What does this mean? That there are X-Fi cards which aren't Vista-compatible?
>> Also, shouldn't UAA cards work with hda-intel driver with specific
>> patch for Creative?
>>

> X-Fi cards that are Vista compatible boot up in hda-intel mode, so yes,
> we could provide support in the hda-intel driver for them.
> The features would be limited, but the user would get some sound.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> James

Attaching files you requested.
I don't have 96000Hz samples, tried 22KHz - reboot.
Attempt to load module while Xorg is running causes reboot.
Note that you should use latest mercurial oss to port - earlier versions
have conflict with drivers like nvidia.
alsamixer shows only master but that probably because asound.conf
deosn't contain needed info (I usually use system-config-soundcard to
write all that needed to asound.conf but I can't do it since Xorg with
sbxfi don't work).