[alsa-devel] Will there ever be emu20k1/x-fi support in Alsa?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Oct 9 12:00:57 CEST 2008

At Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:46:22 -0500,
Ted T. Logian wrote:

> Yes, but it is better than nothing, and perhaps some of that is a
> limitation of oss4:).

Just looking at their code, and I can conclude it's a half-baked
driver, indeed.  Fixed rate, no full duplex, no multi playback, no
multi channel, etc, etc.

OTOH, it's pretty easy to port right now because of its shortness.
More comprehensive be more longer codes.

OK, if the code is that long, I'll try to port as experimental.
It's always good to have a reference at the beginning.
Maybe it'll take one or two days...  Will inform you when it's ready.

Note that I have neither XFi hardware nor datasheet, so someone brave
has to test it :)

Takashi