[alsa-devel] dv6627el & audio problems

yelo_3 yelo_3 at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 9 01:33:58 CEST 2008

Hello, I want to share my problems with you.
I'm running ubuntu intrepid, with these packages versions:
linux 2.6.27-6-generic
alsa 1.0.17.dfsg-2ubuntu1

I have an hp dv6627el with this audio card model:
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 03)

and this is my alsa page:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=457f3992bcf0b34b51772a730071ce18deea75b2

I don't use any additional module option other that the one I will specify.

I have 2 problems:
1) mute led does not work. if I use the option power_save (for
isntance=3) the mute led lights up (red) after 3 seconds of audio
inactivity
(and after having closed the audio software), even if the volume is not muted.
If I keep the audio software open, the led remains "off" (blue).
if instead I don't use the option power_save (so power_save=0) the led
never lights up.

2) when using headphones, the speakers are normally muted, but if I
hit the mute button twice (or use the volume control applet to mute
and unmute), the speakers are activated.

Thank you very much for you help.
Nicolò