[alsa-devel] AIC23 SOC Driver on OSK5912

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 17:12:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 08:39:07PM +0530, Arun KS wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Jesslyn Abdul Salam

> > Not yet. Would please share what you have done to make it work ? Also when I
> > tried to strace aplay , it keeps looking for a
> > </share/alsa/cards/tlv320aic23.conf> file which is not there in the alsa-lib
> > package. Any idea what goes in that file ?

> CCing in l-o mailing list too.

> I dont know about that file. I didnt face that issue.

It's perfectly normal to check that file, it doesn't need to be there -
it contains optional ALSA control configuration for the card in the same
format as the other files in there.  Note that usually it'd appear in
/usr/share rather than /usr, this may indicate that your ALSA user space
is not configured as one would expect.