[alsa-devel] Will there ever be emu20k1/x-fi support in Alsa?

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:50:29 CEST 2008

From what I recall James talking about it, you should go to Windows
and switch the mode in Windows driver, and reboot. But I might be
saying totally wrong, since I'm talking from what I remember. It was
somewhere in the mailing list, I can't find it right now.

Driver for HDA Intel mode of Creative cards is in Takashi's
sound-unstable-2.6 tree, it's called patch_ca0110.c - see here:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable-2.6.git;a=blob;f=sound/pci/hda/patch_ca0110.c;hb=HEAD

2008/10/6 Ted T. Logian <tedtheologian at gmail.com>:
> Supposedly this compatability mode exists, but how do you turn it on?
> Do you then just start using hda-intel afterward?
>
> I also understand it's severely limited.
>

> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 10:35 +0200, Vedran Miletić wrote:
>
>> To say that this driver is partially working is an overstatement. It
>> is partially working on very few supported cards, and some of them are
>> supported by ALSA as well, if not better (Xtreme Audio PCI and Xtreme
>> Audio PCI-E).
>>
>> By the way, don't all X-Fi cards have some kind of HDA-compatible
>> mode? If yes, why don't people just use that until Creative writes a
>> driver and stop complaining?
>>
>> 2008/10/6 Brendan Pike <spike at spykes.net>:
>> > Nobody with know-how has bothered to port the partially working oss4
>> > driver to ALSA, so interest is quite low.

Vedran Miletić