[alsa-devel] ASoC WM8510 Mic PGA problem

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 15:43:20 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 04:29:43PM +0300, ext-jukka.hynninen at vaisala.com wrote:

> Anyway, I noticed an interesting point (applying the patch had no effect
> on this):
> The first recording on a freshly booted system seems to complete without
> changing the status of Mic PGA control.

Could you please rebuild ASoC with debug enabled and send the kernel
output produced from a failing record?  Depending on your kernel version
you'll either see some relevant defines at the top of soc-core.c and
soc-dapm.c or you should #define DEBUG at the top of those files.

Putting some trace in wm8510_reg_write() logging all the codec writes
while doing this would also be interesting.