[alsa-devel] ASoC WM8510 Mic PGA problem

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 12:05:22 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 10:20:55AM +0300, ext-jukka.hynninen at vaisala.com wrote:

> I'm looking at the amixer settings, commands

> $> amixer sset "Mic PGA" on
> $> arecord -c 1 --rate=48000 --format=S16_LE |aplay &
> $> amixer sget "Mic PGA"
>
> report that the mixer control state is [off] again. Looking at the
> codec_reg on sysfs verifies that the PGA Mute bit (0x2d:6) is set.

Could you confirm when the state of the control changes - looks like
it's when the recording/playback start?

> > It might help if you were able to provide your machine driver.

> The driver is playpaq_wm8510.c

Ah, right.  I don't suppose I could persuade you to join the efforts
testing Sedji Gaouaou's recent code to unify the AT91 and AVR32 ASoC
platform support?  Geoffrey Wossum did offer to help out with that
already.