[alsa-devel] size of snd_hda_intel

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:28:14 CEST 2008

I believe this isn't that easy. Here is why: iff you look at the
ice1712/ice1724 driver, it doesn't detect dependencies when modprobed;
that is, it loads, for example, ac97 codec and ak4xxx driver even if
the card doesn't have any of that. Is it even possible to detect
dependencies after modprobing?

2008/10/6 Jon Smirl <jonsmirl at gmail.com>:
>>ismod
> snd_hda_intel         435,772
>
> 435,772 bytes seems awfully large for an audio driver. The large size
> seems to be due to having support for multiple codecs in the driver.
> Could a generic  hda driver load the correct codec dynamically instead
> of building them all in statically?
>
> I have a Realtek codec.
>
> --
> Jon Smirl