[alsa-devel] ASoC WM8510 Mic PGA problem

ext-jukka.hynninen at vaisala.com ext-jukka.hynninen at vaisala.com
Mon Oct 6 09:20:55 CEST 2008

Quoting Mark Brown:

>> When I start capturing, the "Mic PGA" control is instantly turned off
>> again. If I manually enable the control while the capture is running,
it
>> works just fine.
> Could you expand on what you're seeing here - what exactly is the user
> visible behaviour you observe?  Are you looking at dapm_widgets in
sysfs

I'm looking at the amixer settings, commands

$> amixer sset "Mic PGA" on
$> arecord -c 1 --rate=48000 --format=S16_LE |aplay &
$> amixer sget "Mic PGA"

report that the mixer control state is [off] again. Looking at the
codec_reg on sysfs verifies that the PGA Mute bit (0x2d:6) is set.
Running the first command again gives the expected audible result.

On the contrary, dapm_widget reports "Mic PGA: On".

> It might help if you were able to provide your machine driver.

The driver is playpaq_wm8510.c

-Jukka