[alsa-devel] [patch] bugfix: SOUND: SOC: OMAP: Add support for Gumstix Overo

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Fri Oct 3 17:37:14 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008, Mark Brown wrote:
> > ---
> > I'm not sure where the four patches for Overo support are
> > in the ALSA queue (that's how they'll merge, yes?) but I'll
> > suggest this one merge into the initial "overo.c" submit...
>
> They're not queued in ALSA since they depend on the PMIC codec driver
> which in turn depends on the PMIC core driver being merged.

I'm working on getting the twl4030 core merged ... expecting
it to be there for 2.6.28-early.   Since this codec driver
doesn't need interrupts, it's particularly undemanding.  :)

So if the only place these are queued is the OMAP tree, and
there is no particular objection to the patch, then there'd
seem be no issue merging it to the OMAP tree and having it
be part of the initial merge-to-mainline...

- Dave