[alsa-devel] HDA Analyzer

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Fri Nov 28 11:29:27 CET 2008

Hi HDA developers,

	I am trying to write a small tool for control and analyze HDA
codecs (something like more powerful GUI brother for Takashi's hda-verb).
For rapid development, I chose python and pygtk2 gtk bindings. At this
time, only basic things are implemented and not all widget types are
supported in detail, but routing and volume control is implemented. If you
are interested to check this preview and send me ideas to make this tool
better, the code is available at URL bellow (or in alsa.git repo - see
www.alsa-project.org).

	http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa.git;a=tree;f=hda-analyzer

Planned features:

- support all widget types in detail
- allow assign custom names to nodes for better orientation
- raw verb r/w ops
- save a text output of codec configuration for driver developers
  (maybe some diff)
- run aplay or speaker-test directly from GUI
- run arecord directly from GUI with some simple scope to analyze input
- sysfs support for actual HDA driver

						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>