[alsa-devel] Build patch failure.

Keith A. Milner maillist at superlative.org
Wed Nov 26 00:53:06 CET 2008

On Tuesday 25 November 2008 20:41:08 Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> Hi Takashi,
>
> are the git repositories mentioned below the recommended ones, or only
> until git.alsa-project.org alsa-kmirror and alsa-driver become usable
> again?
>
> I.e. should they be listed here as the preferred ones here
> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/GIT_Server#Occasional_Developers

> Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > FYI, the corresponding GIT repos are:
> >     git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/alsa-driver-build.git
> >
> > Link these two repos via alsa-driver*/utils/setup-alsa-kernel script.
> > See INSTALL file in alsa-driver repo for details.

Yes, I was wondering the same thing.

The alsa-driver-build.git looks equivalent to the alsa-driver git repo, but
the sound-2.6.get is HUGE (I've not finished downloading it yet so I don't
know if it's equivalent to kmirror but I suepct it isnt.

On another note, I see the alsa-driver/INSTALL file still refers to the
Mercurial repository. Does this need to be rewritten for git?

Cheers,

--
Keith A. Milner