[alsa-devel] CVS, git, or something else?

Keith A. Milner maillist at superlative.org
Tue Nov 25 00:10:29 CET 2008

I've been trying to check out the latest alsa-driver source to do some work on
it. I followed the instructions at:

But when I cd alsa-drivers and gitcompile, it fails:

make[1]: Entering directory
copying file alsa-kernel/core/init.c
patching file init.c
Hunk #4 FAILED at 568.
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file init.c.rej
make[1]: *** [init.c] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [dep] Error 1

Do I have the right version? Am I going about this the right way? I see a lot
of posts on this list talking about CVS but none mentioning git.

Maybe I should be using CVS instead?

Keith A. Milner