[alsa-devel] snd-usb-audio: minimum period time as module option?

Klaus Schulz kls.schlz at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:21:48 CET 2008

Hi folks (probably Clemens).

Would  it be possible to to introduce a module-option variable to
snd-usb-audio, so that it is possible to switch
minimum period  from outside

usbaudio.c

    /* set the period time minimum 1ms */
    /* FIXME: high-speed mode allows 125us minimum period, but many parts
     * in the current code assume the 1ms period.
     */
    snd_pcm_hw_constraint_minmax(runtime, SNDRV_PCM_HW_PARAM_PERIOD_TIME,
                     1000 * MIN_PACKS_URB,
                     /*(nrpacks * MAX_URBS) * 1000*/ UINT_MAX);

With 125us my EMU USB 0404 and also my PCM2707 devices do sound better.

THX
\Klaus