[alsa-devel] 2.6.26.[6|7]-rt11, alsa rawmidi, seq hang (tasklet_hi_schedule?)

Fri Nov 14 19:57:10 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 09:15 +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > I've been trying to follow the printk crumbs without much success.
> > AFAICT it all points to tasklet_hi_schedule ...
> I don't have -rt, but if the error is similar to the old one you might
> try replacing tasklet_hi_schedule with tasklet_schedule.

YES YES!! __Thanks__ for the suggestion, it WORKED!!

Maybe the kernel rt gurus should look around and see _why_ the problem
was happening in the first place. There are not that many uses of
tasklet_hi_schedule in the kernel tree I'm working with:

Maybe other drivers are affected as well by the rt patch.
What is the difference between tasklet_hi_schedule and tasklet_schedule?

Thanks again...
-- Fernando