[alsa-devel] possible problem in s3c24xx-pcm.c in git-devel branch

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Fri Nov 14 13:46:41 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 04:09:36PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> AIUI it's a bootstrapping issue: the problem is what happens when the
> first DMA buffer completes if there isn't a new buffer ready.  Once
> there's a loaded buffer ready things are happy.

More info provided by Dave on IRC:

15:46 < prpplague> now the big difference between the 2410 and 2440 is ofcourse
                   the primary clock, the 2410 generally running 200mhz whereas
                   the 2440 is at 400mhz

15:49 < prpplague> i'm wondering if that when on a 200mhz s3c2410 that the
                   second dma enqueued buffer is done, that it has been long
                   enough for the dma channel to have started, but on the 2440
                   running at 400mhz it hasn't had time to start

16:38 < prpplague> broonie: i wonder if i clock the my s3c2440 board at 200mhz
                   and retested if i would see the issue
16:41 < prpplague> broonie: yep, i can recreate christians problem when using
                   the s3c2440 at 200mhz
16:42 < prpplague> broonie: and also if i use the stock code, i.e. without the
                   enqueue limit being 1, and running at 200mhz the audio issue
                   goes away