[alsa-devel] Asus P5QL-EM motherboard (ALC1200 codec) - no sound through S/PDIF

Wu Fengguang wfg at linux.intel.com
Fri Nov 14 05:58:44 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 09:22:10AM -0500, Andrei Tanas wrote:
> > I cannot find any 'HDMI' words in your report below.
> > Can you provide some more info about it? Such as the full output of
> > 'aplay -l' and 'cat /proc/asound/card0/codec\#3'.
>
> Here's "aplay -L" with autodetection

Thank you. What's the output of 'aplay -l' ?

> And here's "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0"

This is the regular codec.
Are there /proc/asound/card0/codec#{1,2,3}?

The HDMI codec would look like this one:

% cat /proc/asound/card0/codec\#3
Codec: Generic 8086 INTEL G45 DEVELK
Address: 3
Vendor Id: 0x80862803
Subsystem Id: 0x80860101
Revision Id: 0x100000
No Modem Function Group found
Default PCM:
    rates [0x0]:
    bits [0x0]:
    formats [0x0]:
Default Amp-In caps: N/A
Default Amp-Out caps: N/A
GPIO: io=0, o=0, i=0, unsolicited=0, wake=0
Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x6211: 8-Channels Digital
  Converter: stream=0, channel=0
  Digital: Enabled
  Digital category: 0x0
  PCM:
    rates [0x7f0]: 32000 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000
    bits [0x1e]: 16 20 24 32
    formats [0x5]: PCM AC3
Node 0x03 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40739d: 8-Channels Digital Amp-Out CP
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x80]
  Pincap 0x00000094: OUT Detect HDMI
  Pin Default 0x18560010: [Jack] Digital Out at Int HDMI
    Conn = Digital, Color = Unknown
    DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x0
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Unsolicited: tag=08, enabled=1