[alsa-devel] Mute Beep (was Regression on alsa-driver-1.0.18a on HDA for Dell Inspiron 1521)

Manuel Naranjo manuel at aircable.net
Fri Nov 14 03:16:41 CET 2008

> FWIW, I already merged the patches to my git tree.
> So the latest snapshot should have already this.

Takashi,
Sorry for the delayed answer. I tried both by patching my yesterday
snapshot, and by using the new snapshot, neither of them worked
completly right.

Good part is that now I can decide if I either want to turn on or off
the bloody beep. But result is the same on both cases, no matter if it's
on or off it doesn't make a beep (which is pretty good for my ears, but
not for the code purspose).

I now compiled with --with-debug=full (sorry I didn't do it before,
actually I compiled with  -O0 -g to figure out the memory leak, but
forgot to enable printk debugging), I send two dmesg logs, one is
without telling hda-intel which model to use, the other one is by
passing model=dell-m42. I'm also attaching alsa-info.sh output for
model=dell-m42.

I'll take a look at the code tomorrow too see if I can figure out why it
doesn't beep at all.

Cheers,
Manuel