[alsa-devel] HDA-emu 0.0.1 (Re: Bugs on aspire one A150)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Nov 12 19:53:47 CET 2008

At Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:08:28 +0100,
I wrote:

> > > OK, then something is missing.  But you should test by arecord first
> > > than any complicated applications as a primary test.
> >
> > Good point, will do.
> >
> > Oh, and is there a way to manually alter codec registers?
>
> Try hda-verb program.  Build your kernel with CONFIG_SND_HDA_HWDEP=y
> and access via the hwdep device.
> 	ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/misc/hda-verb-0.2.tar.bz2

BTW, for whom would like to fulfill the masochistic joy of debugging
on HD-audio, I uploaded my half-finished HD-audio emulator program.
The package is found at:
  ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/misc/hda-emu-0.0.1.tar.gz
or
  ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/misc/hda-emu-0.0.1.tar.gz

Have fun,