[alsa-devel] Infrasonic Quartet

Pavel Hofman pavel.hofman at insite.cz
Wed Nov 12 11:19:02 CET 2008

Vedran Miletić wrote:
> Auzen started to distribute one cool new Envy24HT-S card, and it looks
> really interesting to me. Specs are awesome, and it also has word
> clock on card!
> http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/infra_quartet.php
> http://www.infra-sonic.com/site/p_PCI_quartet.php
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829156007
>
> According to envy24.svobodno.com, it has:
> Infrasonic Quartet	0x3030	0x4953
> Envy24HT-S - supported by ALSA
> AK4620B (ADC / DAC) - not sure, probably not supported?
> AK4112 - not sure either?
>
> However it has Xilinx on card in similar way as ESI Juli@ does, so
> it's probably not a standard Envy24HT-S card.
> Any ideas if this card could be supported?

According to the block diagram in the User's Manual the Xilinx plays a
major role. The FPGA provides even more functions than in Juli.

Without some information from the manufacturer (even if under NDA) the
driver will be rather difficult to write. The FPGA is controlled by
Envy's GPIOs and their signals would have to be electrically analyzed
under Windows driver - a pretty complicated task. It is very different
from a regular card with well-documented codecs only where you just need
to trace codec pins to corresponding GPIOs.

Pavel.