[alsa-devel] HDA-Intel - Patch to support detecting HD Audio devices with PCI class code

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Nov 11 09:43:16 CET 2008

At Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:39:27 +0800,
Yang, Libin wrote:

> Thanks for the comments and I will refine the patch.

Thanks.  One thing I forgot to mention.

> > >  static unsigned int azx_default_codecs[AZX_NUM_DRIVERS]
> __devinitdata =
> > > {
> > >  	[AZX_DRIVER_ICH] = 3,
> > >  	[AZX_DRIVER_ATI] = 3,
> > > +	[AZX_DRIVER_AMD_AUTO] = 3,
> >
> > I thought you'll have up to 4 codecs?

This array is completely changed in the recent code.
There is only one entry (TERRA) as an exception.

Please create a patch based on the latest sound tree,
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git
either master branch or topic/hda branch.

thanks,