[alsa-devel] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi and X-Fi Titanium Series Linux 32bit/64bit Driver Source released

Bjoern Olausson lkmlist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:55:04 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 06:14, Bjoern Olausson <lkmlist at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Did take a quick glance through their code now.
>> A good news is that it's much better than I was concerned.
>> There are a few things to be fixed / discussed, but basically it
>> shouldn't be that difficult.
>>
>> Can anyone have a contact with them?  If they are interested in the
>> upstream merging, please give my name and address as the contact
>> person.
>>

> I posted in the driver feedback forum and asked them to get in contact
> with you or me, so lets see what happens.
>
> http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=132606#M132606

Seems there is no way to get in contact with the Devs directly, no
bugtracker, nothing... just that forum... (but I guess no dev is
?allowed/willing? to write in this forum) I don't really understand
the way creative communicates with it's customers... so lets see if
someone will contact you... my guess is no...

Anyway, for my next PC I'll look around for another soundcard vendor.

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=132610#M132610

kind regards
Bjoern