[alsa-devel] snd_ctl compiler warnings

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 09:52:43 CET 2008

The code I am working with at present includes unremarkable lines such as:

		snd_ctl_elem_value_t *line_in_vol;
		snd_ctl_elem_value_alloca(&line_in_vol);

Building this with a cross compiler for arm based on gcc 4.2.1 gives this
warning for the 2nd line:

: warning: the address of 'line_in_vol' will always evaluate as 'true'

but an older compiler on the desktop does not show this.  Would this warning
be expected in these circumstances, or is the compiler being over zealous?
Am I missing something or is there a straightforward way to avoid such
warnings?  (Code runs OK).

Thanks

Alan