[alsa-devel] Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi and X-Fi Titanium Series Linux 32bit/64bit Driver Source released

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Nov 6 18:26:10 CET 2008

At Thu, 06 Nov 2008 20:20:09 +0300,
The Source wrote:

> Bjoern Olausson пишет:
> > Creative released a driver today....
> > I am hasitating to install it.. the last one was so crappy and I just
> > installed my gentoo new ;-)
> >
> > But it looks really like the SOURCE, so maybe it will help to pimp the
> > ALSA driver (would rather see an implementation in alsa then an driver
> > from Creative)
> >
> > http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=soundblaster&thread.id=132288
> >
> > http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10792
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Bjoern
> >

> Tried that driver. It oopses for my system (2.6.26.6-79.fc9.x86_64). I
> attached dmesg output with oops trace log. Since that driver is open
> source, this log might be interesting for you. Pergaps you can get the
> driver to working state?

Perhaps, but I don't want to give such a funny game like debugging
away from you ;)

Yeah, I'm going to check their driver later, maybe tomorrow or weekend
(I've been pretty busy in these weeks for other stuff).

Anyway it's a great news if they really opened the source codes.
Hopefully my work wasn't a waste... at least to motivate them toward
the right direction.

thanks,