[alsa-devel] 2.6.26.[6|7] vs. rt11 vs. alsa (usb) midi

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Nov 5 08:43:47 CET 2008

At Sun, 02 Nov 2008 22:52:11 -0800,
Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 12:10 +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > At Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:35:55 -0700,
> > Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> (but on Fedora 9 I get X segfaults with it... so not really usable
> either)

> > > I just tested an RME PCMCIA card + Multiface interface and it shows the
> > > same problem. No MIDI messages get through (but the LED in the Multiface
> > > blinks). Same hardware booted into 2.6.24.7-rt21 works fine.
> >
> > Then this should be in RT side.  There is no fundamental change
> > regarding rawmidi since some time ago...
>
> Hmm, why do you say rawmidi? This is happening with the sequencer
> interface, AFAIK.

Hmm, it's not impossible, if it's relevant with a timer interface,
although the sequencer core part has been fundamentally unchanged for
ages.

For sequencer issues, you can sort out by using it without rawmidi
interface.  For example, start aseqdump program in alsa-utils, and
send to that port via aplaymidi.