[alsa-devel] tlv320aic23b soft mute weirdness

Troy Kisky troy.kisky at boundarydevices.com
Sat Nov 1 01:28:56 CET 2008

I'm having trouble making the soft mute bit work correctly.
I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

The soft mute (reg 5, bit 3) does mute the left or the
right speaker, depending on whether or not channel swap is set
reg 7, bit 5). But it makes the other channel louder.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Can anyone verify the problem?

I don't see how our board design can cause this, but I can't rule it out.
I've duplicated the result on 3 of our boards.

Thanks
Troy