[alsa-devel] power save of snd_hda_intel
Harsha priya gupta
harshapriya at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:27:30 CEST 2008
This is what we tried;
1. Connected the system with ALC262 card to DAQ to get power measurements
2. With Linux HDD, we installed the snd_intel_hda module.
3. From ALSA .15 version, if am not wrong, power_save is enabled by default.
4. We open a media player and play the song. The power is high. After the
song stops we close the player and see that the power is still high and
power does not drop down.
5. With windows HDD, on playing a song we see the power is high. After the
music stops and player is closed, the power falls down
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> At Wed, 28 May 2008 18:39:42 +0530,
> Harsha priya gupta wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to get a power_save option of snd_hda_intel working.
> > We are using latest ALSA build and ALC262 codec. when we start the player
> > and close it, we dont see any power savings. [ We see the power saving in
> > windows with the same ALC262 card]
> > Any idea what i could be doing wrong here?
> How did you try it exactly?
More information about the Alsa-devel