[alsa-devel] power save of snd_hda_intel

Harsha priya gupta harshapriya at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:27:30 CEST 2008

This is what we tried;
1. Connected the system with ALC262 card to DAQ to get power measurements
2. With Linux HDD, we installed the snd_intel_hda module.
3. From ALSA .15 version, if am not wrong, power_save is enabled by default.
4. We open a media player and play the song. The power is high. After the
song stops we close the player and see that the power is still high and
power does not drop down.
5. With windows HDD, on playing a song we see the power is high. After the
music stops and player is closed, the power falls down

--
-Harsha