[alsa-devel] Digital Audio Multiplexer of the i.MX27 processor

Peter Wurmsdobler peter at wurmsdobler.org
Wed May 28 01:03:12 CEST 2008

Juergen,
> does anybody understand the DAM unit in the i.MX27 processor?
Not that I really understand the AUDMUX unit, but the current Freescale
BSP (19 Dec 2007) contains an audio/alsa driver which makes use of the
AUDMUX, or DAM, in order to route audio streams to/from the mx27's SSI1
and SSI2 to the PMIC's SSIs. PMIC is a the power management and audio
chip which is on the ADS board. Unfortunately I do not have the file
with me, it is called ./sound/arm/mxc-pmic-alsa.c I believe.

I will be back in office next week, maybe we can have a chat then, if it
is not too late.

Regards,
peter