[alsa-devel] AT32AP7000 (AVR32) + WM8510

Geoffrey Wossum geoffrey at pager.net
Wed May 28 00:26:10 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 01:45:28 pm Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:16:56AM -0500, Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
> > FRAME as well as BCLK.  I might give the WM8510 a try as the master
> > again, since I can get the sample rates closer with it.
>
> Let me know how that goes, please.

Works great, now that I know the secret.  Pitch is correct now, and sound
quality is improved, especially at rates that the AT32AP7000 couldn't
accurately generate.

> Thanks - as I said previously it's much better if you can include a
> Signed-off-by line in patch submissions in order to allow them to be
> submitted to the mainline kernel, though in the case of fairly obvious
> register access fixes like these it's generally not an obstacle.

I'll try to remember that :)

I'm not doing any input / microphone stuff right now, but the input signal
path seems incorrect.  I get the following error message everytime I start
the wm8510 driver:
asoc: no dapm match for Boost Mixer --> Capture Switch --> Capture Boost

Looking at the signal routing in wm8510.c, there seems to also be issues with
the source and destination of the route being reversed.

---
Geoffrey