[alsa-devel] hdsp rpm support

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Tue May 27 15:08:32 CEST 2008

Martin,

> > The driver itself won't help you since the old user space tools
> > don't know the io box. You wouldn't be able to upload the firmware,
> > adjust the mixer levels etc. (unless you patch the old user space
> > tools, of course).
> I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused here.  You said above that "You have
> IO, you can adjust the input levels, switch standby and disconnect
> the box. So everything works as you would expect it."

With the hdsp*-tools that are currently part of the alsa-tools suite,
you cannot control the RPM. Neither can you control a lot of the other
RME cards. That's going to change with a whole new set of userspace
tools.

So, if you are curious, I can give you the new driver and a small
command line program that enables the RPM io box (which is on bypass
mode by default). Or you wait until I finished the new user space
tools..

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key 6C002249          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net