[alsa-devel] PATCH - MIDI on ice1724 - real-time kernel problem SOLVED(?)

Martin Krüger m_a_krueger at gmx.de
Sat May 24 18:53:01 CEST 2008

Pavel Hofman wrote:
>Clemens,
>
>Thanks a lot. After a few pointer fixes to make it compile your code
>works flawlessly for both the generic as well as realtime ubuntu kernel.
>
>I am enclosing the functioning patch.
>
>Now I cannot feel any delay difference between usb and ice1724 midi
>inputs. Well done, gentlemen, thank you all.

Hi,

thanks a lot for taking care for that issue.
I just tried it out by modifying the following files from the 2.6.26-rc3 kernel:

sound/pci/Kconfig (modified by hand)
sound/pci/ice1712/ice1712.h (modified by hand)
sound/pci/ice1712/envy24ht.h (modified by hand)
sound/pci/ice1712/ice1724.c (copied from the actual Git snapshot)

I double-checked all the handmade changes, should be ok.

Midi in via "amidi -p hw:0 -d" works now without problem,
but when trying to write to the device, for example by "amidi -p hw:0 -s txdata.syx"
it causes an immediate crash.

That would not be a problem for me, but jackd probes all ports, and is unusable now.

Perhaps i forgot a patch, is the output working for you?

My System:
Amd64 @ 32Bit,
Debian Sid,
Esi Juli@