[alsa-devel] HG -> GIT migration

Ben Stanley Ben.Stanley at exemail.com.au
Fri May 23 04:31:08 CEST 2008

I get the same problem as Eliot. The procedure
$ git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-kmirror.git alsa-kmirror
$ git clone git://git.alsa-project.org/alsa-driver.git alsa-driver
$ cd alsa-driver
$ ./gitcompile

results in

No alsa-kernel is found.
Please specify the correct location via ALSAKERNELDIR environment variable.

The problem is masked once alsa-driver/alsa-kernel exists,
which can be arranged by running once

$ ALSAKERNELDIR=../alsa-kmirror ./gitcompile

I haven't found how this creates the link though.

The Makefile references ../alsa-kmirror by default,
but the gitcompile (and probably other stuff too) needs to be updated to agree.

This solves one of the problems mentioned in my other post. Now that I
know how to get around this, I'll try it on the RH kernel.

Ben Stanley.