[alsa-devel] Moving sound/* to drivers/ ?

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Thu May 22 18:40:31 CEST 2008

On 22-05-08 17:04, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Thu, 22 May 2008, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

>> I am in favor of keeping /sound around with the
>> non-hardware-dependent code, much like /block does with regard to
>> /drivers/block.
>
> I'd personally *much* rather have just one subdirectory.

Then I'd agree/suggest ALSA move to drivers/sound. I brought it up but
both Jaroslav and Takashi agree with you. For me it was more a "nicely
reflects the design of things" issue than anything else...

I do agree that the drivers are better of in drivers/ and they are 10
times the size of the sound core.

Rene.