[alsa-devel] HG -> GIT migration

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed May 21 14:37:40 CEST 2008

At Wed, 21 May 2008 14:30:31 +0200,
Rene Herman wrote:

> On 21-05-08 12:28, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I'll apply patches including major changes of kconfig parser
> > soon later (after some issues with shared git repo are resolved).
> > Then we'll revise the problem again.
>
> By the way, I've been pulling in the "latest alsa" repo you recently
> provided an URL for:
>
> $ git remote show sound-2.6
> * remote sound-2.6
>    Tracked remote branches
>      master
>
> What's the status of that one now? Should I continue pulling that one or
> should I switch to the new alsa-kernel GIT repo? I want to pull it into
> a Linus clone tree...

We are working on this right now.  alsa.git is far currently behind my
tree.

One problem we hit is about multiple committers and rebase.  If you do
git-rebase, the commiter information is touched although the sign-off
isn't updated.  git-rebase looks apparently designed for the
single-commiter model.

Once after we sort out this issue, I'll update the whole alsa.git tree
to the latest Linus tree, and move all my stuff.  Let's see whether it
really works.

Meanwhile, I'll keep syncing my tree with alsa.git as a backup, so the
above will be working, too.

thanks,