[alsa-devel] Kernel crashes for unsupported sample rates

Aggarwal, Anuj anuj.aggarwal at ti.com
Fri May 16 13:46:18 CEST 2008

I have tried to apply the patch manually but I couldn't because I am on kernel version 2.6.22.1.

Is the patch available for my kernel version? How should I go about it?

One observation I had was when I removed "SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP" from the "pcm_hardware_playback", the kernel stopped crashing. It gave me some error and returned.

[root at OMAP3EVM bin]# [root at OMAP3EVM bin]# ./pcm -f cd -r 1000
Playback device is plughw:0,0
Stream parameters are 4000Hz, S16_LE, 1 channels
Sine wave rate is 440.0000Hz
Using transfer method: write
ALSA lib pcm_plug.c:773:(snd_pcm_plug_hw_refine_schange) Unable to find an usable access for 'plughw:0,0'
Rate 4000Hz not available for playback: Invalid argument
Setting of hwparams failed: Invalid argument

Thanks and Regards,
Anuj Aggarwal

Platform Support Products
Texas Instruments Inc
Ph: +91-80-2509-9542
TI IP Ph: 509-9542
PSP Products RSS Feed PSP Product Announcements