[alsa-devel] STB TV PCI FM

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 05:09:39 CEST 2008

6000704 2.6.24
To: alsa-devel at alsa-project.org

Hi,

I'm trying to finish installing an old STB TV PCI FM
6000704 tv capture card working and there's no sound.

I'm on Debian Lenny/Testing kernel version 2.6.24.
The card itself does not detect or load snd-bt87x when
booting.  I force it to load with the load_all
kernel option when I modprobe.  It doesn't seem to use
msp3400 in any way.
In theory,/proc/asound/card1/pcm0c is the stereo
capture, but I can't figure out how to make it capture
in stereo.  I can set
the digital_rate as needed if that will get stereo
going.   I've tried 36000 and 44100 with no success,
but it could be because .asoundrc isn't right.

Check http://pastebin.ca/1017578 for alsa-info.sh
output.

Any advice, or perhaps an .asoundrc would be great.

Best regards,

Michael

modprobe -v snd-bt87x dmesg>> "unknown card
0x878-0x10b4:0x2636
please mail id, board name, and, if it works, the
correct digital_rate option to
<alsa-devel at alsa-project.org>
bt87x0: Using board 0, analog, digital (rate 32000 Hz"