[alsa-devel] [Via8237] - VT1618 data sheet

Goran Sterjov goran.sterjov at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:26:56 CEST 2008

Hello.

i tried out the VT1618 patch from john utz but i failed to get the
"Smart 5.1" surround sound working.
so i figured that i'd go ahead and experiment with the driver to make it
work on my via epia en15000 motherboard.

i tried requesting the data sheet from VIA ten ga-gillion times but they
only responded once with a "the datasheet is a high level engineering
document. visit the technical support forums for help".

i tried explaining that i needed the information to further develop an
ALSA driver for the linux system but it seems like i wont get my hands
on this god forsaken document.

Is there anyone out there who has any documentation on the vt1618..?
via support is shocking. Nay, beyond shocking.

in John's patch he mentions various registers but unfortunately they
dont help me without the docs..

Thanks
Goran