[alsa-devel] No sound on nVidia MCP61 - snd-hda-intel

Ash Willis ashwillis at programmer.net
Sat May 10 00:14:09 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,
I have a motherboard with an integrated MCP61. The device is detected and I have mixer controls but I get no sound output whatsoever. I'm using alsa-hg and I have a little experience with writing drivers for ALSA but I won't pretend to know anything about the hda driver. If someone could give me a little direction, I'd be happy to help get this problem sorted. I don't mind hacking on the driver. I just figured it was best to ask for advice first, seeing as it might be an easy problem for someone else to diagnose.

alsa-info.sh output can be found here:

http://pastebin.ca/1013173

Thanks,
Ash

--
See Exclusive Video: 10th Annual Young Hollywood Awards
http://www.hollywoodlife.net/younghollywoodawards2008/