[alsa-devel] [patch] snd-pcsp: relax dependancy on CONFIG_INPUT

Adrian Bunk bunk at kernel.org
Fri May 9 00:17:24 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 10:25:49PM +0400, Stas Sergeev wrote:
> Hello.
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Sorry for the silly question, but are there serious usecases where
> > people in very space limited environments and with CONFIG_INPUT=n
> > want PC-Speaker support?
> Oh, I've just heard youre screaming
> "this all is not worth a new config option!". :)
> Here's another patch instead.
> Without exporting a new option to the
> user this time.
> +config SND_PCSP_INPUT
> +	def_bool y
> +	depends on INPUT
> +	depends on SND_PCSP

The number of users with CONFIG_INPUT=n on a PC might be more or less
zero (even more considering the fact that you have to set
CONFIG_EMBEDDED=y for being able to disable INPUT) - your patch adds a
few #ifdef's that don't have any effect in practice.

And your patches breaks the compilation with CONFIG_SND_PCSP=y,
CONFIG_INPUT=m if anyone will ever try this combination.

The latter is not unfixable, and I might be very nitpicking here,
but I do simply not see the point why we need this more complicated.

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed