[alsa-devel] Auzentech and Creative X-FI

Spike spike at spykes.net
Tue May 6 21:11:09 CEST 2008

On Tue, 06 May 2008 20:27:03 +0200
"Sebastian Schneider" <Sebastian.Brian at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if the X-FI drivers will be working with the X-FI from Auzentech or just with the cards from Creative. Is there something known about this?
>
> And how far is the development? Is somewhere a cvs/svn/git system where to get the live files?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Supporting this card shouldn't be that much different (if at all) from
the rest of the EMU20K1 cards. While the card should work with minor
layout tweaks (hopefully), the card does share a more similar config
with the X-Fi Elite Pro, with its 4 discrete DACS along with an external
Exilinx FPGA. The Elite Pro is supported with the OSS drivers, which
sounds like the standard routines remain similar while more advanced
features might be more different when it comes to that external FPGA.

James, FYI, the PCI ID's for the X-Fi Prelude is 1102:0005 (as all
real 20K1 based X-Fi's are) but with a subsystem ID of 415a:0034. As
said earlier I am available to test this particular card.