[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire 8920g / snd-hda-intel / ALC889

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue May 6 13:00:59 CEST 2008

Hi -

> Is this above with model=acer-aspire *and* your additional verb?
> Or, is it without model option?

I tried it with model=acer (same as no forcing) and acer-aspire, I was
able to play 2-channel PCM sounds OK only with the extra verb either
way.  I got more controls in alsamixer with just "acer" (like low
frequency channel), but they didn't seem to do anything useful.

> I found that one initialization is missing for auto-configuration mode
> of ALC889.  Please try the patch below and remove model=xxx option.

OK I will test this patch later today with no model forcing.

-Andy