[alsa-devel] SoC sound support for imx27

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Mon May 5 15:12:17 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 02:55:04PM +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote:

> Hmm, how far away is ASoC v2 from mainline? When I start to develop the driver
> right now, what version I should use?

Depends on how quickly you want to get it into the mainline.  Developing
for v1 would be the most conservative choice and let you get stuff in as
soon as possible without being held up by v2 but it would mean that
you'd be working with the ASoC v1 interfaces and that someone will have
to convert to v2 at some point.

The idea is that ASoC v2 itself should be starting to make its way into
mainline during 2.6.27 but there's no guarantees that it'll make it
then.