[alsa-devel] [regression] 2.6.25-rc4 snd-es18xx broken on Alpha

Michael Cree mcree at orcon.net.nz
Sun Mar 30 23:17:41 CEST 2008

On 31/03/2008, at 5:14 AM, Ivan Kokshaysky wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 01:09:34PM +0100, Rene Herman wrote:
>> Okay. The thing that "fixed" Tyson was disabling mmap from the
>> driver:
>>
>> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-March/006911.html
>
> Weird - I was sure the mmap problem has been fixed, but obviously
> the patch didn't go in...
>
> Andrew, could you please queue this up for 2.6.26?

I have applied the patch against the 2.6.24.3 kernel, and now have
working sound on the newer PWS600au with mmap enabled alsa.  Verified
through the on board ESS1887 and via the M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound
card.  (Ran out of time to also try the C-Media sound card.  Also ran
out of time to try it out on the other alphas I have.)

The problem with the repeated sound bits playing at the end of certain
sound files via the ESS1887 remains.

Michael.