[alsa-devel] asoc driver for ad1888 available?

Liam Girdwood lg at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Mar 27 23:23:39 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 17:22 +0200, Tzachi Perelstein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an asoc ad1888 codec driver. Does anyone know if
> such driver available somewhere? I couldn't find one with google
> nor on linux-2.6-asoc.git.

Fwiw, I've not heard from anyone doing a AD1888 driver atm.

> Can anyone suggest an alternative AC97 2.3 codec device with AC97-
> Link which has an available asoc driver?

Currently supported codecs :-

http://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-asoc.git;a=tree;f=sound/soc/codecs;hb=dev

Although, afaik I don't think any are 6 channel like the AD1888.

Btw, if you only need 2 channel audio then you could use the generic
AC97 codec driver with the AD1888 (it can hook into ASoC platform and
DMA code).

Liam