[alsa-devel] ALSA Debugging

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:15:11 CET 2008

Hello,
I am new to ALSA and Linux. I was trying to understand the ALSA
architecture.

I have Linux Box with Intel sound card. with Suse 10.1 on it.
I launched the audio player (Real player) and audio plays fine.

Then, I built the kernel and installed it. I put some printk's in intel8x0.cand
control.c. (could see the my code was complied)
Even though I changed volume muted etc couldn't see any of my printk in
dmesg. One default printk in intel8x0.c was there, so I have put my print
before that line as well, but couldn't see anything.

Apologies If my problem is very basic. I read on forums that best way to
learn is to put printk's.

Can anyone help me with where I am doing incorrectly, Am I supposed to do it
this way or some other way?

Thanks in advance
-Vinod