[alsa-devel] Random inverted audio channels

Alexandre BOUIN a.bouin at kerlink.fr
Thu Mar 20 11:27:46 CET 2008

> I'm currently working on an internal project.
> Here is some details :
> This embedded project includes a AT91SAM9260 CPU and a WM8900 codec.
> Audio driver is using ASoC API.
> Audio data could be either switch from I2S or DSP A, but I prefer the
> second one.
> Audio Codec is master.
>
> We have an issue : when we play a right channel stereo track, sound is
> played on right channel, but sometimes on left.
> This issue could happen right after starting kernel, or later after 10-
> 20 sounds played.

Hi list,

I'm back on this issue. I have few questions about it and I'd hope someone
could answer :
- does someone have already used AT91 SSC controller in slave mode ? Can he
send me his register configuration and tell if he already heard and L/R
channels swaps ?
- is there a way to play a sound at the lowest software level, maybe without
using alsa or dsp devices ?
- where is the software audio buffer ?

As you can see I really want to trace any difficulties to find where comes
this problem.
As always, if you have any other ideas to test, I'll be glad to hear them.

Thanks and regards,
Alex.