[alsa-devel] ~ALSA Audio coordinator/manager

Harsha priya gupta harshapriya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:38:44 CET 2008

Hi all,

I am looking to see if anyone is working on an Audio manager kind of
solution as a part of ALSA.

   'By Audio manager, I mean a coordinator of all audio input and output
streams. A coordinator which is application and devices aware . Example
functionality of an audio manager would to direct different steams to
different devices like (voice output to headset and music output to
speakers). Or to pause an media player when a voice recording starts.'

If anyone is doing any work on these lines, please let me know about the
work and its integration into ALSA as well.

Thanks in Advance,
Harsha.